Friday, November 7, 2008

VISIT WITH WESTON

So we went to see Weston Zane Jenkins last night. They came home from the hospital yesterday around 2:00 pm. He is so precious and so tiny. I know he is about the same size Dalton was and larger than Dawson but he just looks so little. It is hard for me to believe that my boys were that little. Heck, Dawson still is little. Poor thing...the boys will be 3 Feb 14th and Dawson weighs about 25-28 pounds. He wears 18 or 24 month pants. So tiny...and not enough butt to hold anything up. Now Dalton is not too big himself, but he is average for his age. He wears a 2T or 3T pants with adjustable sides. (he needs it for the length, but the waist is too big and has to be tightened)
Back to Weston: He was just adorable. His face and skin are so perfect. He has no marks, bumps, scratches or anything on his face. He was beautiful!!! After I held him I went and picked Wade up and held him like I used to when he was little. He laughed and said, "I am too big to hold Kelly." I told him that he would never be too big for me to hold. I LOVE THAT BOY!!! Now, "Weston you will have a lot of competition with Wade but I think I have enough love to go around." I was able to spend more time with Wade before the twins were born than I can now, but he and I will always remember the bond we shared. I remember just before the boys were born Wade asked me one day, "Kelly, when the boys need to eat my mamma can feed them and you can play with me." I thought that was so cute. Wade has always been sweet to the boys even though they steal my time away from him. LOVE YOU WADE!!!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving Mary and Jonathan will have! I am so glad everyone is doing so great!

Kelly Vann said...

Yes they will have a wonderful one!! Tell me again Mandy when you are due. I heard but can't remember.

Mandy said...

My actual due date is December 24th, but Dr. Sheffield wants to induce a week early, so hopefully all will go well and we will be home by Christmas!

Tina said...

Glad you got to see them.. Bowen and I went Friday morning, but everything was closed up tight, so I didn't even bother to knock.. But I'm DYING to get my hands on him!

Kelly Vann said...

Tina, I haven't seen him since Thursday night. I feel bad about not going by, but I know they are busy and she knows more of what to do this time than with Wade. I felt like I stayed up there when Wade was born. I do want to go back soon and hold him again.