Friday, November 21, 2008

BOYS FIRST B-BALL GAME!!!

Granny (Nancy) is taking the boys to their very first basketball game tonight at Northeast. I know they will love it. I hope they are good and that they behave. I am sure they will because they behave better for their grandparents than they do for Heath and I. I am sure they will be full of questions because since I told them they were going they have asked 1,000 things. They wanted to know if you have to wear different shoes to play basketball and what clothes do you wear...don't know why they asked that? They said do we have be quiet or can we talk. I said you can talk because there will be a lot of noise in there and no one would even hear you. I said but you can be yelling unless you are chearing for Northeast when they make a basket. They both said that as soon as Granny tells them which team is Northeast they will chear when they make the goal. They are so smart for 2 1/2. They love basketball because their Ma-Ma Byrd (Ellen) is a die hard Tarheels fan and almost every basketball game, for the past 2 years, they insist on watching and chearing for "Ma-Ma Byrd's team". (not the Tarheels or Carolina, but Ma-Ma Byrd's team). They really love football too. As a matter of fact they love all sports. They love to watch the outdoor channel when they are deer or duck hunting. Dalton says, "I am going to get a gun when I get big like Wade (Jenkins) and go shoot dem deer with my Daddy." Dawson always says, "I am going to brubba, but I want momma to go too." They are so funny. In case I hadn't mentioned it before they call each other "brubba" not bubba or brother, but "brubba".

I can not believe some of the things they say to me. This morning on the way to daycare they were just so excited about the snow that they were full of themselves. I told them that Uncle John was coming next week (my mom's brother). They said why. I told them that he is coming for Thanksgiving. Then I asked them if they knew what Thanksgiving was. They said, "Yes...Ms. Machelle told us." (as if I was stupid for asking)

4 comments:

Mandy said...

Kids say the darndest things...lol Mr. Kenneth said Charlie asked a million questions about everything growing up, so I know I have a lot to look forward too...lol

Anonymous said...

I saw them at the game with Ganny, and they were such gentlemen. They were getting ready to eat their hot dogs. Ganny Nancy looked like she was having fun too!

Kelly Vann said...

Yeah I know she was. She loves them so much!!!and they love her too.

Judson's Mommy said...

Our children will not be worth one red cent with these Ganny's spoiling them. What do you think Kelly? I know they just enjoy it so much. My Mom has to see Judson everyday.