Tuesday, November 11, 2008

BROTHERLY LOVE

Those of you that know the boys know that they are very different in most ways. They are the same in some ways, but usually different as night and day. You know that Dawson (the smallest one) is the wildest, but the most loving. Dalton (Baby A-first born-largest) is the calmest, but the most stubborn and doesn't like to hug and kiss as much as Dawson. Since Dalton fell down the stairs on Sunday morning, Dawson wants to make sure someone holds Dalton's hand every time he goes down the steps. Yesterday morning, last night, and this morning Dawson said, "Mommy, Daddy somebody needs to hold Dalt Dalt's hand." I said, "We will buddy." He said, "No do it right now because he might fall again, get hurt, and have to go to the hospital." I told him that we would be very careful from now on so that no one would fall down the stairs again. He just kept insisting that that wasn't enough until he finally said, "Mommy, please don't let nothing happen to my brother cause I love him soooooo much and he is my best friend." I thought I would cry. Even though Dawson is the wildest and he aggravates Dalton 90% of the time, he loves him more than anything in the world.


They are only 2 1/2 and where do they learn all of this stuff from? Are they born with it or do they just pay attention to everything that goes on around them?

Here they are this summer riding their tricycle at Granny's house together (Dawson in front and Dalton in back). They love to do things together even though they fight about it.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

That is sooooo sweet!

Anonymous said...

Brings tears to my eyes. Nothing like Brotherly love!

Mandy said...

Awe, how sweet is that? I think that is with any sibling relationship. Phillip and I would fuss and beat the crap out of each other growing up, but at the end of the day, we knew we were best friends. Having a sibling is the best thing in the world!

Kelly Vann said...

Yes they often bring tears to my eyes...tears of laughter, joy, and pain!!!

Nancy said...

They are the sweetest things that I have EVER seen!!!! I can love them all I want to and then take them home!!! LOL Don't forget to mention, Kelly, that when you give one something, he says "Where is my Brubba's?"!!! They may fight but they stick together like SUPERGLUE!!!

Kelly Vann said...

Yes Granny you are right about that.