Monday, November 10, 2008

EVENTFUL WEEK

Ok I think the twins are going to cause me to have a heart attack at 30 years "young". One night last week Heath caught Dawson climbing on the back of the couch. He went over to get him down and Dawson jumped and busted his nose on the end table. There was blood everywhere. He cried and cried. I rushed him to the bathroom to clean it up and see what damage had been done. As soon as I cleaned him up, put an icepack on it, gave him motrin and sat down with him in my lap, he said, "I am Ok now mommy, it don't hurt." He is a tough little boy. He went back to playing as if nothing had happened. Later that night he even let me clean all of the blood off of his nose and face.
Then yesterday morning both boys went upstairs to play with their toys guns. They never go upstairs to play alone, but this time they said they were going to shoot birds out of their bedroom window. A few minutes later Dalton came tumbling down the stairs head first. He was trying to come down with his little gun in his hand and was going too fast and lost his balance and starting tumbling end over end down the stairs. I was so scared that I just froze for a split second without saying anything or moving. It looked like he had broken his neck. He landed at the bottom of the stairs flat of his back on the floor. He didn't move nor say anything. Heath screamed like a girl and ran over to pick him up. He reached for me immediately. I sat down on the couch talking to him and asking if he was Ok. I made him move his neck all around and I gave him some motrin. He said he felt fine, but he was scared. A few minutes later after Dawson had loved him and talked to him they both went in their playroom (downstairs) and went back to playing as if nothing had happened.
I have learned lately that if I don't make a big deal out of their accidents they feel better. They are tough and the accidents scare them more than hurt them.
Pray for my two little wild animals!!!! Please!!! Also pray for me that I will be able to handle what I have coming to me with those two!!!

6 comments:

Mandy said...

OMG...I would have freaked too! It is amazing how resilient kids can be. I have noticed with little kids that the more a person reacts to their accident, the more they react, but it is all human nature and of course love. Good luck!

Tina said...

Girl, you've got it down pat.. DO NOT panic!! ALWAYS have Motrin, ice, and wine/Prozac or both on hand for these days!!I do wish I could have heard Heath scream like a girl!
They will be fine and so will you!!

Kelly Vann said...

Thanks Mandy and Tina!!! Yes Tina I wish I would have had a tape recorder taping Heath scream. Also I wish I could have filmed him running because he never gets in a hurry for anything.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could tell you it gets better......last year I was the mom that went on the football field when Buddy dislocated his knee....I got the Mom don't do that anymore.please....but he was hurt and I need to know they were taking care of him. But, it sounds like you have got it covered in that department too. as they always say...Boy's will be boys..that is definately for sure!

Nancy said...

Okay...now Ganny has freaked out!! I've been hoping and praying that they don't fall down those stairs!!!!

Kelly Vann said...

Yes Granny I didn't want to tell any of the family about it, but I decided to put it on my blog. Rhonda, I understand why you went out on the field. I would have done the same thing.