Friday, December 5, 2008

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad that it is Friday. I hate to wish my life away, but during regular work weeks I pray each day that the next day will be Friday. Thank goodness it is finally here.

I do have something for you all to pray about this weekend. I have never had any health problems except the issues when I was pregnant. But back in October when I went for my yearly pap exam the bottom number of my blood pressure was high. He told me to keep a check on it and let him know. Well I didn't keep a check on it. The past few weeks I have a lot of headaches. I get one now almost everyday. So Wednesday when I went for my yearly eye exam I had my eye doctor check my blood pressure and he said the bottom number was high. So I called my doctor's office and they said I needed to come in so I have an appointment Monday at 8:15 here in Ahoskie. I hope it goes well. I really don't want to be on blood pressure medicine, although my mom can vouch for this...half my family is on it. I am going to enjoy the rest of the day and the weekend and try not to worry about it and see what happens on Monday. I know the blood pressure couldn't be coming from weight because I have lost a lot. Although I have gained a few back, but I am kind of stuck right now....want to lose about 15-20 more.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you and hoping you don't have to go on medication for the blood pressure. I worry about it too, just about all of my family is on it! Let me know if there is anything else I can do. Hope you have a great weekend!!! I have to get my house in order and put all the Christmas stuff up.

Kelly said...

I will keep you in my prayers and I hope you doctor's appointment goes well! Keep us updated!

Shari said...

I will keep you in my prayers and I hope all will go well Monday. Have a Great Weekend and try not to worry - easier said than done I know!

Kelly Vann said...

Thanks Rhonda, Kelly and Shari. I appreciate you caring.

Nancy said...

You know, my child, that I worry about you ALL of the time. But if you go on BP medicine, it is cheap and doesn't have any side effects that I know of...for me anyway. LOVE YOU MORE!!!! MOM

Mandy said...

Good luck with the doctor next week. I, too am worried about the prospect of being on thyroid medicine forever. I hate taking medicine anyway, so I feel your pain. Seriously though, you have got to take care of yourself and blood pressure is definitely nothing to play around with. Sending prayers!

Tina said...

I feel your pain Kelly..I took my first BP pill at 26.. from there, I added another one for BP and one for cholesterol.. it wasn't until we drew a lipid panel (cholesterol) that we discovered THAT was why my Bp was high..My triglycerides were about 5 times the 'normal' level, among other things that were WAY outta whack!! Total of three pills a day for my heart!! I got off all of those about 2 months ago, and have done great! . haven't checked a lipid panel for fear of what that'll say..I'm sure it's creeping up on me--and I'll HAVE to get back on all that crap! It NEVER got all the way in 'normal' range, even WITH meds.I had to go through about 5 diff. ones to get a good combo.. Good luck with that! Oh, and it IS genetic!!